Looking to upgrade your A6 C5 suspension with
full height adjustability but don't want to kill your comfort level with
conventional coilovers? KW have just what your looking for
with "KW street comfort“ KW has
produced a newly developed coilover suspension line which allows
individual lowering with the best driving comfort possible. The
lowering, depending on the application, is from 5-45 mm. Therefore it
offers a perfect look, with the best possible driving behavior. Long
distance, motorways as well as fast driven country roads will be a
pleasure for every driver.
KW street comfort in stainless steel
technology “inox-line” are developed especially for ambitious customers
which demand comfort, safe driving quality and a discreet but individual
lowering. The vehicle can be height adjusted from 5-45 mm on front and
rear axle. All coilover kits are equipped with a shock absorber which
can be adjusted in rebound damping for more comfort.
struts in stainless steel technology, "inox-line"
tested lowering on front and rear axle from 5-45mm
handling due to less curl
Trapezoid thread for easy height adjustment
High-quality elements for long durability
Adjustable rebound dampening
includes detailed installation instructions and
documentation for easy use
Why do KW's cost more then "other"
KW street comfort in stainless steel technology “inox-line” are
developed especially for ambitious customers which demand comfort, safe
driving quality and a discreet but individual lowering. The vehicle can
be height adjusted from 5-45 mm on front and rear axle. All coilover
kits are equipped with a shock absorber which can be adjusted in rebound
damping for more comfort.
- Infinitely adjustable within German TUV-tested adjustment parameters
- Shortened struts for increased spring travel
- Trapezoidal threads for simple height adjustment
- Three different damping technologies for individual adjustment
- Elastomer bump stops with integrated dust boot protection
- Easy to read documentation
- Ready to use comprehensive solutions
- Visually perfect – safe and unique motion dynamics
- Strut housings in inox-line stainless steel technology
- Anodized aluminum spring collars and add-on pieces
- High-quality, high-tensile racing springs
- Special ventilation and sealing system
- High-quality damping components
- Hardened, chromium-plated piston rods
- Special guide and sealing systems
- Pistons with V-shaped Teflon seals – optimal sealing with minimal
friction – temperature-resistant, durable damping technology
What are coilovers?
A coilover suspension basically gives you a matched lowering spring and
shock absorber combination with the added benefit of adjustable ride
height and spring rates through a moveable spring perch or perches.
Coilovers are to your car's advantage by reducing unsprung mass,
increasing suspension travel, and allowing the car to be corner
Adjustment Range (in)
Sedan + Wagon 2WD 4cyl
||Sedan + Wagon
1) Height adjustable on the front and rear axles (threaded strut
2) Height adjustable front and rear axles (front axle threaded strut
housings, rear axle adjustable springs + dampers)
6) When using original tires, wheel offset spacers may be required
7) When lowering more than 40 mm, the anti-sway bar must be retrofitted.
Anti-sway bar conversion set without Xenon headlights: KW Part No. 685
50 000, Price: 179,- € Anti-sway bar conversion set for vehicles with
Xenon headlights: KW Part No. 685 50 005, Price: 199,-€
14) Only for vehicles with ESP
17) All vehicles manufactured before 6/92 require dome bearings in
combination with the clubsport kit 35220731: (BMW Part No.: dome bearing
31 331 092 885 + washer 31 331 116 983 + collar 331
39) For vehicles with a right drive shaft diameter of more than 42 mm,
the maximum lowering tested by the TÜV. (German technical inspection
association) is reduced by 15 mm
47) For vehicles manufactured before 4/02, the piston rod is fastened to
the support bearing with an arched disk (piston rod threads visible). In
models built after 4/02, the piston rod mount is lowered and covered by
a cap (piston rod threads not visible)
56) If the Porsche Motorsport top mount # 99633301190 is installed, the
KW top mount adapter set # 68510036, price 99,- €, has to be used.
57) Only for cars with a clamp diameter of 54,6 mm on the front axle
58) Only for cars with a clamp diameter of 49,8 mm on the front axle
62) Not for cars with electronic damping
78) If the car is equipped with PASM, the PASM needs to be disabled.
83) Standard leaf spring has to be dismantled!
90) Aluminium suspensions struts
96) Clubsport kit with German TÜV Certificate
97) Without German TÜV Certificate. Optional with stability confirmation
for individual registration according to §21 German law.
98) In association with top mounts is no German TÜV Certificate
99) Delivered WITHOUT topmounts. Vehicle mounting may not allow for
adjustable mounts without serious body modification.