|AP Racing Big
Whether your pushing it on the track or just driving on
the road, your brakes should be performing at their best, and the
best means AP Racing. The same company who
continuously supplied championship winning teams in Formula 1,
NASCAR, LeMans, FIA GT, ALMS, LMES, Grand Am, Super GT, BTCC, DTM, etc.
In nearly all types of serious motor racing around the world, AP
Racing gets the call more often when only the best will
needed a brake system for their multiple world record holding 200mph
street-driven Ultima GTR super car, they knew who to call. Their all
conquering AP Racing equipped Ultima GTR has, for the
third consecutive year, smashed the world record for sprinting to 100mph
and back to zero again in a gut wrenching 9.4 seconds That is .5 second
FASTER than the Bugatti Veyron and a blistering 1.5 seconds
FASTER than the Ferrari Enzo! All of this was done in the
daily-driven factory demonstrator with street tires and no ABS or
Track professionals understand the need for absolute control. AP
Racing understands how to give that same control to your Audi S5!
General Benefits of Big Brake Kits
Original Equipment (OE) brake systems do the
job they were intended to, stop safely and quietly for the lowest cost
possible. After adding performance upgrades, while towing, or just
having some fun in the canyons, OE brakes are often overwhelmed by heat
when the moment of truth arrives.
Big Brake Kits give your vehicle that super car look and feel, while
significantly improving your brake performance in two areas. First,
larger brake discs increase heat capacity, meaning your brakes
will be more resistant to brake fade. Second, stiffer calipers
and brake lines increase pedal feel and modulation.
Racing 6-Piston Big Brake Kits
For the biggest brake system upgrade,
AP Racing offers 6-piston calipers running on 2-piece rotors. Each kit
is designed to work with the original equipment master cylinder, ABS and
traction control systems. Specially-designed 2-piece rotors are
cross-drilled and slotted, the optimum for high-performance street,
autocross and occasional track day use. Slotted-only versions are
available for the serious track enthusiast. The curved vane construction
provides maximum cooling, while significantly reducing unsprung weight.
(6-Piston Kits use 356x26 and 362x32 rotors
depending on vehicle application)
AP Racing 6-Piston Calipers
• High-strength, lightweight, pressure-cast aluminum alloy body.
• 2-piece design for maximum rigidity in a street-able caliper.
• Fixed radial mount for best pedal feel.
• 6 sequential pistons to minimize pad taper and maximize pad area.
• Anti-knock back features for a consistent, firm pedal.
• Dust seals for everyday driving.
• Lug-mount versions available for Pontiac GTO, Holden Monaro & others.
• Available in red
AP Racing Discs
• Directional curved vanes for maximum cooling.
• 2-piece modular design with aluminum alloy hat to handle the heat.
• Cross-drilled AND slotted for aggressive pad bite and additional
• Slotted-only optional for heavy track use.
• Now featuring the ultimate in high-performance street and track day
fade-free Mintex Xtreme Motorsport Pad Compound.
• Consistent coefficient of friction cold to over 1300oF.
• Linear response and quick release.
• Easier on discs than many current “high-performance” compounds.
• Lowest noise.
• Competition compounds also available.
2-Piece Disc Assembly
• Aluminum hat for reduced weight and better thermal conductivity.
• Fixed bobbin or full-float mounting.
• Curved vane venting for maximum internal cooling.
• Cross-drilled and slotted for best street performance.
• Slotted-only available for heavy track day use.
• 1- piece rotor option available in select kits.
DOT-compliant and TÜV-approved stainless steel lines are
included to top off the upgrade and provide a huge improvement in pedal
feel and stiffness. Brackets and hardware are made from aerospace-grade
materials and high-strength fasteners. All AP Racing kits are complete
with no other parts required. Install, bleed and go!
Many kits require 17" wheels or larger with sufficient spoke clearance.
Download a brake profile template to check your wheels before ordering.
Put decades of championship-winning experience on your car.
Customer Testimonial :
AP Racing 6-Piston Caliper Front Kits
|Vehicle / Model
||04 - 06
||Front Kit Black Calipers 2 Piece 14"
Cross-Drilled and/or Slotted Rotors
||04 - 06
||Front Kit Red Calipers 2 Piece 14"
Cross-Drilled and/or Slotted Rotors