|AP Racing Big
Whether your pushing it on the track or just driving on
the road, your brakes should be performing at their best, and the
best means AP Racing. The same company who
continuously supplied championship winning teams in Formula 1,
NASCAR, LeMans, FIA GT, ALMS, LMES, Grand Am, Super GT, BTCC, DTM, etc.
In nearly all types of serious motor racing around the world, AP
Racing gets the call more often when only the best will
needed a brake system for their multiple world record holding 200mph
street-driven Ultima GTR super car, they knew who to call. Their all
conquering AP Racing equipped Ultima GTR has, for the
third consecutive year, smashed the world record for sprinting to 100mph
and back to zero again in a gut wrenching 9.4 seconds That is .5 second
FASTER than the Bugatti Veyron and a blistering 1.5 seconds
FASTER than the Ferrari Enzo! All of this was done in the
daily-driven factory demonstrator with street tires and no ABS or
Track professionals understand the need for absolute control. AP
Racing understands how to give that same control to your Audi A4!
General Benefits of Big Brake Kits
Original Equipment (OE) brake systems do the
job they were intended to, stop safely and quietly for the lowest cost
possible. After adding performance upgrades, while towing, or just
having some fun in the canyons, OE brakes are often overwhelmed by heat
when the moment of truth arrives.
Big Brake Kits give your vehicle that super car look and feel, while
significantly improving your brake performance in two areas. First,
larger brake discs increase heat capacity, meaning your brakes
will be more resistant to brake fade. Second, stiffer calipers
and brake lines increase pedal feel and modulation.
Racing 4-Piston Big Brake Kits
For a big upgrade at an affordable price, Brake
Pros offers world renown AP Racing 4-piston calipers running on 1-piece
and/or 2-piece rotors. Each kit is designed to work with the original
equipment master cylinder, ABS and traction control systems.
Specially-designed rotors are cross-drilled and slotted, the optimum for
high-performance street, autocross and occasional track day use. The
curved vane construction provides for maximum cooling when pushing hard.
2-piece kits come with aluminum alloy hats for better thermal management
and maximum weight reduction.
(4-Piston Kits use 330x25.5 rotors)
AP Racing 4-Piston Calipers
• High-strength, lightweight pressure-cast aluminum alloy body
• 2-piece design for maximum rigidity in a street-able caliper
• Fixed radial mount for best pedal feel
• 4 pistons to minimize pad taper and maximize pad area
• Anti-knock back features for a consistent, firm pedal
• Dust seals for everyday driving
• Lug-mount versions for Mini Cooper, GTO and E46 M3 rear
• Available in red
AP Racing Discs
• Directional curved vanes for maximum cooling.
• 2-piece modular design with aluminum alloy hat to handle the heat.
• Cross-drilled AND slotted for aggressive pad bite and additional
• Slotted-only optional for heavy track use.
• Now featuring the ultimate in high-performance street and light track
• Virtually fade-free Mintex Xtreme
Motorsport pad compound.
• Consistent coefficient of friction cold to over 1300oF.
• Linear response and quick release.
• Easier on discs than many current “high-performance” compounds.
• Lowest noise.
• Competition compounds also available.
1 or 2-piece disc assembly
• 2-piece front discs have aluminum alloy hats
• Reduced weight
and better thermal conductivity (fixed bobbin mounting)
• Cost-effective 1-piece disc kits available for many models
• Rear applications retain parking brake function
• Curved vane venting for maximum internal cooling
• Cross-drilled and slotted for best street performance
• Slotted-only available for heavy track day use
DOT-compliant and TÜV-approved stainless
steel lines are included to top off the upgrade and provide a huge
improvement in pedal feel and stiffness. Brackets and hardware are made
from aerospace-grade materials and high-strength fasteners. All AP
Racing kits are complete with no other parts required. Install, bleed
Many kits require 17" wheels or larger with sufficient spoke clearance.
Download a brake profile template to check your wheels before ordering.
Put decades of championship-winning experience on your car.
Customer Testimonial :
AP Racing 4-Piston Front Kit
|Vehicle / Model
||99 - 04
||Front Kit Black 4-Piston Calipers 2 Piece
13" Cross-Drilled and/or Slotted Rotors
||99 - 04
||Front Kit Red 4-Piston
Calipers 2 Piece 13" Cross-Drilled and/or Slotted Rotors