Looking to rake your A3 8P suspension
to the next level at the track? You've tried the rest and now KW is
offering you the BEST!
is getting more and more famous world-wide. Therefore, KW has decided to
develop a new product line – KW Clubsport. This new product line is
distinguished by motorsport applications for race track and road use
with ideal performance.
Nürburgring Nordschleife is the most popular race track for using our KW
Clubsport suspension kits. High performance sports cars, modified
saloons as well as classical sport compact cars are tuned in weight,
engine and wheels for their use on several race tracks. These
improvements are made for a better handling on track sport events, race
taxi drives, visitor drives and equability tests particularly on the
Nürburgring Nordschleife. Due to these modifications of the car some
parameters are changing. Therefore, the road setups are no longer ideal
for the performance of the car. For this use we offer special clubsport
kits which have been adapted to the changed requirements by changing
spring and shock setup as well as the installation of racing top mounts
Warranty is not
offered with KW Clubsport Coilovers due to the fact that these were
exclusively designed to be used on the track; excessive wear and tear
are expected with such use as track driving.
Performance set-up for the racetrack
in compression and rebound forces independently adjustable
performance Linear race springs
Additional, available with racing top mounts
approval possible depending on specification
- Built on order
- Model specific
for each application
Why do KW's cost more then "other"
KW street comfort in stainless steel technology “inox-line” are
developed especially for ambitious customers which demand comfort, safe
driving quality and a discreet but individual lowering. The vehicle can
be height adjusted from 5-45 mm on front and rear axle. All coilover
kits are equipped with a shock absorber which can be adjusted in rebound
damping for more comfort.
- Infinitely adjustable within German TUV-tested adjustment parameters
- Shortened struts for increased spring travel
- Trapezoidal threads for simple height adjustment
- Three different damping technologies for individual adjustment
- Elastomer bump stops with integrated dust boot protection
- Easy to read documentation
- Ready to use comprehensive solutions
- Visually perfect – safe and unique motion dynamics
- Strut housings in inox-line stainless steel technology
- Anodized aluminum spring collars and add-on pieces
- High-quality, high-tensile racing springs
- Special ventilation and sealing system
- High-quality damping components
- Hardened, chromium-plated piston rods
- Special guide and sealing systems
- Pistons with V-shaped Teflon seals – optimal sealing with minimal
friction – temperature-resistant, durable damping technology
What are coilovers?
A coilover suspension basically gives you a matched lowering spring and
shock absorber combination with the added benefit of adjustable ride
height and spring rates through a moveable spring perch or perches.
Coilovers are to your car's advantage by reducing unsprung mass,
increasing suspension travel, and allowing the car to be corner
Adjustment Range (in)
A3 2WD 2.0 T FSI
2, 57, 96, 98
2, 96, 98
1) Height adjustable on the front and rear axles (threaded strut
2) Height adjustable front and rear axles (front axle threaded strut
housings, rear axle adjustable springs + dampers)
6) When using original tires, wheel offset spacers may be required
7) When lowering more than 40 mm, the anti-sway bar must be retrofitted.
Anti-sway bar conversion set without Xenon headlights: KW Part No. 685
50 000, Price: 179,- € Anti-sway bar conversion set for vehicles with
Xenon headlights: KW Part No. 685 50 005, Price: 199,-€
14) Only for vehicles with ESP
17) All vehicles manufactured before 6/92 require dome bearings in
combination with the clubsport kit 35220731: (BMW Part No.: dome bearing
31 331 092 885 + washer 31 331 116 983 + collar 331
39) For vehicles with a right drive shaft diameter of more than 42 mm,
the maximum lowering tested by the TÜV. (German technical inspection
association) is reduced by 15 mm
47) For vehicles manufactured before 4/02, the piston rod is fastened to
the support bearing with an arched disk (piston rod threads visible). In
models built after 4/02, the piston rod mount is lowered and covered by
a cap (piston rod threads not visible)
56) If the Porsche Motorsport top mount # 99633301190 is installed, the
KW top mount adapter set # 68510036, price 99,- €, has to be used.
57) Only for cars with a clamp diameter of 54,6 mm on the front axle
58) Only for cars with a clamp diameter of 49,8 mm on the front axle
62) Not for cars with electronic damping
78) If the car is equipped with PASM, the PASM needs to be disabled.
83) Standard leaf spring has to be dismantled!
90) Aluminium suspensions struts
96) Clubsport kit with German TÜV Certificate
97) Without German TÜV Certificate. Optional with stability confirmation
for individual registration according to §21 German law.
98) In association with top mounts is no German TÜV Certificate
99) Delivered WITHOUT topmounts. Vehicle mounting may not allow for
adjustable mounts without serious body modification.